savitri coleman organises and runs the best damn vintage fair in london, no doubt – the clerkenwell vintage fashion fair, her vast experience and award-winning career within events organisation shines through as does her generous and thoughtful personality. this coming sundays event is sure to blow your mind with the most exquisitely curated vintage available right here right now. plus an alterations booth to get the perfect fit and a tea room full of sweet goodness for more energy to take all the delights in and home. time out says “this is not one to be missed!!!” and i concur. get there early to beat all the international LFW fashionistas buying inspiration for their next collections and for their own backs. say no to the high street and yes to heirlooms.
savitri has answered bdc’s blog questions for more of an insight into her life.
1. List your favorite places to do, be and see.
Swami Vishnu Devananda, Sri Aurobindo, Kew Gardens in spring, Mirror lakes (New Zealand), Chiswick Car Boot, Outsiders Art
www.sivananda.org www.aurobindo.net www.kew.org www.new-zealand-nz.net/milford www.outsiderart.co.uk
all images above taken from the outsiderart.co.uk website
2. Was there anyone that inspired you from the beginning? Who inspires you now?
Elvis, Siouxsie Sioux, John Galliano, Juliet Margaret Cameron, Elsa Schiapareli, Rose Peru (spiritual patron of new zealands flora & fauna), Valerie ann Wormwood (the fragrant heavens), Camila Batmanghelidgh (founder of kids company) & my garden
www.johngalliano.com www.victoriaspast.com www.schiapareli.com www.kidsco.org.uk
3. What is it exactly that you do?
Vintage Events www.clerkenwellvintagefashionfair.co.uk
all images taken from the clerkenwell vintage fashion fair website.
4. What are you currently collecting?
5. What would be your ideal collaborative project?
Vintage fashion & art
6. Your favorite food to prepare/cook?
Baked wild alaskan salmon with king prawns marinated in ginger, orange blossom honey, garlic, chilli, olive oil, rock salt & lemon juice – 15 mins!
7. Your favorite colour or combination of colours? Grey & lilac, emerald-green & black.
8. Your favorite way to spend a day? In silence
9. Whats the best advice you have been given? Detach
10. What music/ musicians move you? Elvis, Ennio Morricone, Flamenco: (Aurora Vargas, Cameron, Paco de Lucia) Faldo, Sitar,
11. Whats most important to you?Love
12. Where do you feel most at home? New Zealand
13. Do you have a motto or manifesto that you live by? If dreams die life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly